Spring is a time of renewal and growth, and what better way to celebrate the season than with some beautiful and blooming plants. Whether you have a large garden or just a windowsill, there are plenty of options for bringing some green into your home or yard. Here are seven of the best plants for spring:
Looking for some gardening services? CLICK HERE
Top 7 plants for spring
- Daffodils: Daffodils are a classic spring flower that are not only beautiful, but also hardy and easy to care for. They come in a range of yellow, orange, and white hues, and can be planted in either sun or shade. Daffodils will return year after year, making them a great investment for your garden.
- Tulips: Tulips are another popular spring flower that come in a wide variety of colors and shapes. They can be planted in either the fall or spring and will bloom in the spring. Tulips are also easy to care for, but keep in mind that they may not return as reliably as daffodils.
- Hyacinths: Hyacinths are fragrant and showy spring flowers that come in a range of colors including blue, pink, purple, and white. They do best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade. Hyacinths are great for planting in pots or in the ground, and will return year after year.
- Cherry Blossoms: If you’re looking for a flowering tree to add to your landscape, consider a cherry blossom. These beautiful trees produce delicate pink or white flowers in the spring, and their branches can be trained to create a stunning display. Some popular cherry blossom varieties include the Yoshino and Kwanzan cherry.
- Pansies: Pansies are one of the earliest spring flowers to bloom and come in a wide range of colors. They are also one of the most versatile, as they can be used in beds, borders, or containers. Pansies are easy to care for and will provide color all spring and into the summer.
- Peonies: Peonies are a stunning spring flower that come in shades of pink, red, white, and yellow. They are easy to care for and will return year after year. Peonies prefer full sun but will tolerate some shade. They make a great addition to any garden, and are also great cut flowers.
- Lilacs: Lilacs are a fragrant and beautiful spring flowering shrub. They come in a range of colors, including white, pink, purple, and lavender, and are perfect for planting along a walkway or in a corner of your yard. Lilacs are easy to care for, but they do best in full sun.
These seven plants are sure to add color and beauty to your spring garden or home. Whether you prefer traditional spring flowers like daffodils and tulips, or prefer something more unique like cherry blossoms or lilacs, there is a plant for everyone. With proper care, these plants will provide years of enjoyment, so get planting and enjoy the beauty of spring!